Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Preaching To The Choir, Drag Me To Hell Edition




As a sidenote it's worth noting that Drag Me To Hell came out today. All you need to do is look at my alias to see that I'm a pretty fricking huge Sam Raimi fan. Like really big. Like I own For The Love Of The Game big. Like I liked Spiderman 3 big.

But even if your love of Raimi films doesn't tip towards the delusional scale. You'll still like Drag Me To Hell because it rocks so fucking hard. Everything I said in my review is still true. It's the most fun I've had in a theater all year, and if you're even a little bit of a genre fan you should rent or buy it to show your love. The fact that Friday The Thirteenth TOTALLY XTREME made more money in it's opening weekend then Drag Me To Hell did in it's whole run makes me a sad panda.

Vote with your dollars folks. That's all these companies understand. Sick of Platinum Dunes? Stop giving them these huge opening weekends, that justifies their shitty strip mining business model. Want Lionsgate to stop raping Jigsaw's corpse? Then don't pay to see it. Everytime you take money out of something like that, and put it towards A Drag Me To Hell, or a Trick R' Treat, or a Paranormal Activity you send a message.

Keep Sending It And Remember Always "SUPPORT BADASS CINEMA"

1 comment:

Jay Clarke said...

Agreed. With Trick 'r Treat selling out at DVD stores and the people DEMANDING Paranormal Activity, we made a few small victories this year.