Thursday, February 16, 2012

Awards And Some Such...



One of the most unexpected honors I received this year was an invitation to join The Muriels. A collection of some of the finest folks writing about film on the inter webs who every year get together to rectify the mistakes of the academy and others. We got off to a good start yesterday, giving Albert Brooks the honor he got so deeply shafted of. Follow along for the rest, there's going to be some great reads, like I said I'm humbled to be in such good company.

These knuckleheads on the other hand (I say that with love Joe)... I popped by my good friends at On The Stick for their annual end of the year Sticktacular. A good time was had by all. Come to listen to me give one last rant to the films of 2011. And to hit The Rum Diaries on the ass with the door on its way out. 

...



Also involving most of those Chowdaheads, we talked about Haywire, a movie I didn't find quite enough to write about but somehow could talk about for an hour, go figure. And assorted other things. Sound The Billarm!
...

And lastly thank you constant readers. February has been slim pickens I know, but SODM is nearly done with it's second to last chapter and after that It's just eleven little entries (well eleven big entries actually) and that project is done. Still I promise to have some actual content up sooner rather than later, including the revival of a column that I have been meaning to get to for forever...

No comments: