Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just In Case You Missed It



Just about every pop culture blog in the world has posted this, but just incase you missed it. Look at what they're doing with House Of The Devil. Ti West's tribute to 80's horror just took the ultimate step.




Oh fuck that's cool. Its even got the new release sticker and everything. I'm not ashamed to say that a less then sober trip to amazon has resulted in my purchase of said item.

The price really isn't that bad. Normally collector stuff like this gets jacked up pretty quickly but this is just five bucks more then a regular DVD. And it includes the regular DVD. I regret nothing.

I can't help but feel that horror really lost something with the move to DVD. I try not to be too sentimental about VHS (though I certainly have my collection) because lets face it VHS was a pretty terrible format. And before you cry foul, let me remind you that with VHS everything was released in fool screen. In VHS, dubs where you're only option. Let me remind you that after a certain amount of plays your VHS went "Well fuck it." and just gave up. DVD is the greater good.



But VHS allowed horror a skeavy kind of illicit pleasure. There's was something about watching horror on VHS. There still is.

So consider supporting Ti West's experiment. Even if you need to be a few Red Stripes in to consider it a good idea.

No comments: