Saturday, January 29, 2011

You Know What Ole Jack Burton Says At A Time Like This...




That's right.

You can also find out what I have to say about Ole Jack Burton! I dropped by with my buddies at the Actioncast to geek out hardcore about Big Trouble In Little China, and some of Carpenter's other films as well. Which is something you see a lot of around here. We conclude by berating a young gentlemen for having not seen The Thing. (Heads up that first ten minutes is like a Dadist comedy about the host's love of bumpers. So if your finger itches towards the skip ahead button I won't blame you).


If you want to listen to a podcast without so many ill advised Victor Wong impressions then by all mean head over to my buddy Cortez's inaugural effort at Planet Of Terror. The podcast is just as great as the site that spawned it. And I'm looking forward to many future episodes.

5 comments:

Anthony R. said...

I'm assuming that by invoking Dadaism you're implying this podcast is more or less a sound poem. I'm 100% ok with that.

Anyway, best podcast ever.

Bryce Wilson said...

Well yes that and the enthusiasm for bumpers tests the limits of absurdism ; )

Joe said...

The theatre major in me takes exception to use of the term "dadaism." Founding members of the movement insisted that dada was not an ism, it was the anti-ism, and therefore never used "dadaism" or "dadaist" to refer to themselves or the movement.

Plus, I take most of my inspiration from Beckett and Ionesco, and put myself in the absurdist camp.

Bryce Wilson said...

Truly Joe thou arst a prince among scholars.

Biba Pickles said...

Big Trouble, little SLO.