Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Raimifest: Developments



All right you primitive screw heads listen up. As you can see from the picture above I'm hard at work preparing for The Raimifest that as you all hopefully know will be taking place at the end of this month.

Like I said one of the big goals with Raimifest is to get more variation in content than with the average blogothon. I've already enlisted the help of a web comic and a podcast of certain distinction to help make this happen. And today I'm happy to announce something else different, that will hopefully help generate more varied content. Something that everyone likes.

Free Stuff!

Yes the good guys over at Crazy Dog T-shirts have agreed to sponser a prize for the blogothon.

So here's how this works. The person who delivers the most unusual post to Raimifest gets to have one of the following shirts of their choosing.





It can be a webcomic, a video essay, a piece of fan art, a ballad, a life sized statue of Bruce Campbell carved from butter. But that doesn't necessarily mean that writers are out of the contest. Have a brilliant dissertation on the role of Raimi as "The Sniggering Gunman" in Miller's Crossing? Think For Love Of The Game or Crimewave is his underrated masterpiece? By all means tell us why and you too might have the chance to clad your self in the finest S-Mart garb.

So take a moment get your thinking good and outside the box, and most importantly have some fun with it.

My thanks to everyone who has put up a banner in support of Raimifest! And if you haven't and have a bit of sidebar space to spare I'd be very much obliged to you.

8 comments:

W.B. Kelso said...

Fantastic. I'm in. Put me down for "Crimewave". And I'll get a banner up on my blog as soon as I finish this.

Neil Fulwood said...

I'm already stoked at the possibility of winning one of those "shop smart, shop S-Mart" tee-shirts. I already wind my wife up beyond belief by quoting that line every time we go in a supermarket. Actually to own a tee-shirt with it on would be the biz!

Mr. Gable said...

What are we supposed to do for this thing? Write a bunch of Raimi related stuff on our blog and link it here or we write for you or how does this all work.

Raimi's the man. I will someday build a gigantic dodge filled shrine in his honor.

Bryce Wilson said...

@ W.B. Kelso: Many thanks sir. I really appreciate the quote.

@ Neil: Just tell your wife that it's not your fault that you want the best values that zombie killun can offer.

@ Mr. Gable: Thanks for your interest man. It's standard blogothon protocol.

In other words, you post on a piece on your own site, which includes a link to and mention of the event on mine.

I in turn post a link to and description of your article in the round up of posts that people have contributed to for the day.

Bryce Wilson said...

Oh and send me an email. To let me know it's up, that's helpful too.

Mr. Gable said...

awesome. Sounds good to me!

Darren said...

Looking forward to this. But I'm afraid I'll probably end up being the most banal of contributions.

Bryce Wilson said...

@ Mr. Gable: Great, I'm glad to have you on board.

@ Darren: Somehow I doubt that. But seriously man, don't sweat it. Contribute what you can and I'm sure it'll be great.